Vacations for us are all about spending time together and fun. There are times though when we learn some things too. This one, I learned A LOT!!
1. You DO NOT have to pack everything you are gonna need for the whole trip. There are stores along the way.
2. Post cards are totally AWESOME! I mailed a few throughout the week. And don’t we all need a little more snail mail in our lives?
3. Take lots and lots of pictures! 20 pictures of one mountain is not enough. You need at least 40 to remember what it looks like.
4. Being Facebook free is not all that bad! It freed up so much time to just stop and really enjoy the things and people around me.
5. Take pictures with your kids! All you Mommas out there who hate having pictures of you floating around, just do it! I am always behind the camera, mostly because I would prefer not to see that I still have a bunch of baby weight left to lose. It doesn’t matter, the kiddos still love you, no matter how you look. And it really should look like you were on vacation too!
6. Stop whenever you can and just take in what’s around you.
7. You don’t have to gain 20 pounds on vacation! Yes, it is hard but, you can still kinda stick to your diet.
9. It doesn’t matter if it has been 3 years or 25 years, true friendship is easy to fall back into!
10. Throw out the schedule! Who needs it on vacation? Sleep in, go with the flow, and still see has much as possible.
This was one of our best vacations! Not just because we saw a ton of stuff and we did see a ton of stuff. But, we got to spend a ton of quality time together!